You probably like going to the gym to do the workout, because there are plenty of fitness equipment you can take the use of. However, if you go to the gym on a regular basis, a gym membership is your necessity, which may cost you a lot of money. Even if you have had such a membership, you may not have enough time to do your workout. This is really a waste of your money. Why not do the workout from home with adjustable dumbbells?
One time investment, Permanent use
Most of them are very durable, so you can use them for a relatively long time. It is really a good investment for those who want to gain strength and exercise.
This feature is very important. You can adjust the weight according to your strength. The weights can be adjusted from 12.5 pounds to even 75 pounds. You can find the right weight, making you practice step by step.
Not everyone has a large enough room to store an entire dumbbell rack. However, adjustable dumbbells only take up smaller spaces where you only can place a couple of pairs of shoes but perform as the same as entire dumbbells. Therefore, you can easily place anywhere you like and don’t need to worry about the space problem.
Do the workout at any time if you are at home
Now, you can do your workout at any time once you are at home. This is very convenient. In the morning or in the evening, if you have spare time you can practice and don’t worry about the waste of your membership card.
Best Adjustable Dumbbells
Although there are plenty of dumbbells available on the market, they are different from prices, locking mechanisms, sizes and shapes. We have do a lot of research and have narrowed down the best adjustable dumbbells for you based one many criteria. If you have no ideal of which one to choose, stick to the following list and you will not feel disappointed.
Ironmaster 75 lb Quick Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System
If you are looking for the top rated adjustable dumbbells, I highly recommend this Ironmaster 75lb Quick Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System, because of its high quality and ease of use. Its quick lock is a screw-on locking mechanism which can keep them in place tighter than others. It also comes with a stand to hold the weights. Don’t worry; the stand doesn’t have a large footprint. These dumbbells allow you to add them up to 120 lbs. You can adjust the weights according to your requirements. If you are not on a budget, they are the best choice.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell (single)
It allows you to adjust the weights from 10 to 90 lbs in 5-pounds increments with a twist of a dial. It is ideal for basic toning, strength exercises and heavy leg lifts, making it suitable for the serious weight lifter. If you need a little more weight in your dumbbells, these weights are qualified to do the trick. “Secrets of the 4-Step Rep” DVD is included and there are over 30 exercises you can study and follow. They are less expensive than Ironmaster 75lb.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells
Another model from Bowflex is because Bowflex produces high quality products. This 552 model is perfect for those who have slighter frames and only need dumbbells to tone. It is adjustable from 5 to 52.5 pounds, making it suitable for a majority of exercisers. If you are not a serious exerciser, you don’t need to pay much money and Bowflex SelectTech 552 is perfect enough.
Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells with Stand (Combo)
If you are searching for a lighter weight, this model Universal Power-Pak 445 can be the right choice. Sacrificed in weight, this model becomes more affordable. It is adjustable from 4 to 45 pounds with 5-pound increment. The plastic construction is durable and quiet. A few bonuses are also included, like dumbbell stands and a guide. You never find one at this price except this.
Powerblock Elite 90 Adjustable 5 to 90-Pounds per Dumbbell Set
If you need the professional adjustable dumbbells, you can try this model Powerblock Elite 90. This company has been popular for many years because of their products’ high quality and professionalism. The Elite 90 version is very popular because of its versatility. It is adjustable from 5 to 90 pounds, making it perfect for anyone. You can use it for basic toning, strength exercises and body building. With its unique selector pin, you can adjust the weight with ease. They are compact with a small footprint and it is also very easy to store them because of their square shape.
Best Budget Adjustable Dumbbells
Adjustable dumbbells are perfect for people who have limited space but want to strength train. Once you have them, you will find it is so easy to strength train at any place in your house. On the market, there are a number of different models and some which are much more expensive are not convenient for limited spaces. Budget adjustable dumbbells are not easy to find, because it is difficult to find the ones which are worth their weight.
We’ve done some research and have made a list of top 5 best budget adjustable dumbbells. We chose them due to their high quality materials used, budget prices, ratings, as well as customer reviews. We also valued their performance.
PowerBlock SportBlock 2.4 Adjustable 3 to 24-Pounds per Dumbbell Set
If you are looking for one budget adjustable dumbbell, this Power Block U33 is one of your best choices. Besides its adjustable price, it also comes with other great features. It is able to adjust its weight with its pin system easily and you can add more weight in time with ease. Once you decide to have it, you probably value its high quality and history. And it will not disappoint you.
Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells 5-25 lb (Pair)
This Bayou 2x25lb is also budget-friendly like other Bayou Fitness equipment. As a budget-oriented company, you will also get high quality from this equipment. Many people who have purchased these dumbbells spoke highly of the acceptable weight increments, nice chrome plated metal, as well as quick change ping adjustments. If you need a budget-friendly one, it is one of your best choices.
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
This set of dumbbells is made of cast iron which is gym quality, while plates are also made of gym quality cast iron too. It offers a so unbeatable price while it offers more weight. This set includes 4 collars (5 lbs), 2 textured solid chrome handles, 16 5-pound plates, 4 2.5-pound plates and 4 1.25-pound plates. As one of the best-selling adjustable dumbbells, this set will not disappoint you.
XMark Adjustable Dumbbell
This set comes with 2 50-lb. adjustable dumbbells. It also comes with storage trays for easy storing. Its compact design makes it easy to store. Once you have it, it can get rid of the need for multiple dumbbells. What’s more, it is made of heavy-duty materials and it also comes with thick weight plates that will not wiggle when you are doing your workout.
Sunny Vinyl Barbell Set, 40 LB
If you don’t have enough budget for a cheap adjustable dumbbells, the price of this Sunny Vinyl Barbell Set, 40 LB will amaze you. These dumbbells are made of quality materials. You will get extra weights at such a lower price, making it worth have.
Best Adjustable Dumbbells Buying Tips
To the surprise of many casual athletes, there are several types of adjustable dumbbells on the market. A main difference between dumbbells is in the form of how the plates of weights are connected to the lifting unit. You can choose between three types: spinning locks, dials or pins. There are also several different styles of weights like plates to bars, and different storage systems.
Those differences are easy to observe but some issues that are often overlooked when selecting a good adjustable dumbbells set are just as important, and they have a big impact on how happy you are with your decision. Here are some guidelines to help you decide on what is important to you as a consumer and athlete, so you can choose the set of adjustable dumbbells that will provide a good workout and long term satisfaction.
- Cost: it shouldn’t necessarily be the most important factor when buying a set of adjustable dumbbells, but the reality is that sometimes it has to be. Workout equipment is expensive so be sure the adjustable dumbbells you are looking at is justified for total cost. Some features are worth the money, but don’t buy the most expensive set just based on the name. Good equipment is typically worth the money and is often cheaper than a monthly or yearly gym membership. Having the same quality of equipment that the gym has will give you more freedom to workout whenever you want. It will be easy to use since it can be kept anywhere on your property.
- Grip: Cheaper grips are more likely to rip or tear, and it’s important to find something that’s comfortable and sturdy. The more heavy weights, the more crucial the grip is.
- Weight Spectrum: Determine your strength first and the amount of weights you will need. Most adjustable dumbbells will range between 50 and 100 pounds but you shouldn’t buy a set that will be lower than what you will eventually use.
- Margin of Adjustment: Sets that allow for fractions of pound increases or decreases can be very helpful whether you’re a beginner or are looking to increase your lifting challenge. The wide margin or adjustability is great for all levels of experienced dumbbell users.
- Ease of Adjustability: It can be frustrating to have to take time out of your workout to adjust the weight of the dumbbells. You may not care if you have lots of time, but if you are working on a time crunch it’s crucial to have a set of adjustable dumbbells that automatically increases or decreases weight. This simple dial or switches will save you lots of time.
- Warranty: The equipment you buy should be covered by a fair warranty by a trusted company that you can count on. Exercise equipment is an investment that should be protected.
This is our list of top 5 best cheap adjustable dumbbells and they can help you straight train easily at home. If you have enough budget, you also can consider other best adjustable dumbbells with higher prices.
If you are interested in dumbbell exercises, the following links may help you.
- http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/ – a specialized dumbbell-exercises website that can tell you how to train.
- http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/dumbbell-workout – If you want to build your muscle, this link can tell you something important.
- A Youtube video to show you how to do Dumbbell Exercises