This SmartPool PoolEye Above Ground Pool Alarm is very easy to set up. It allows you to mounts directly on the side of an above-ground pool, so if an animal or a person drops into the pool, it is able to sound an alarm as soon as possible. Its electric sensor is able to monitor any water displacement that is caused by an object weighing 15 pounds or more. Therefore, if a person or an animal weighing 15 pounds or more, an alarm will be triggered and you can hear the alarm and have enough time to react. This above-ground pool alarm can guarantee the safety of your small pets and children who carelessly drop into the pool.
- Adjustable Sensitivity – To avoid possible false alarms, this device allows you to change its sensitivity. For example, if you don’t have any small animals in your house, you can change its sensitivity to a higher level.
- Only Works with above-ground pools – This device needs to be screws onto the side of above-ground pools. However, it isn’t suitable for in-ground pools or pools that have round or inflated tops. This is because this pool alarm only can be mounted on the top edge of an above-ground pool. Therefore, when you decide to buy this, pay attention to the type of your pool.
- Loud enough alarms but not comes with a secondary remote alarm – This best above-ground pool alarm only comes with an alarm outside. It doesn’t have a remote alarm but it is very loud when it sounds an alarm. However, if it is very noisy outside, you should take care to hear what has happened outside. If your pool is far away from your house, this doesn’t seem suitable for you. And in this condition, you can choose a device with 2 alarms – one for outdoor use, and the other for indoor use. Well, a good suggestion is that installing its control panel near your house can ensure you to hear the alarm clearly indoor.
- Suitable for a round pool or an oval pool – This alarm is suitable for a round pool that is 24-foot in diameter and an oval pool which is 16 x 32 feet. Most above-ground pools are similar in size. And this alarm is suitable for most above-ground pools around your houses.
- Powered by AA batteries – This device is powered by AA batteries. Therefore, you can set it up anywhere and there is not any wiring problem. When the batteries are going to be dead, a low-battery alert will tell you that you need to replace its batteries. If the alarm is seldom set off, the batteries will last for a long time. On the contrary, you need to change the batteries for frequent use.
With its adjustable sensitivity, you can set it to the desired sensitivity according to your using environment. And it is portable. Even if it only comes with an alarm, it is also very loud. In a word, it is perfect for above-ground pools and it is able to keep your children and pets out of your pool.[See Full List of Best Pool Alarms]